Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My only Sunshine

This is the signage on the sidewalks of Lanesboro, MN. The yellow means "yield." The circle and slash means "NO." The figure on the inside is a real rough representation of a biker. I see no bike frame, just wheels and biker. I wish I knew the designer of this sign; probably been riding bikes her entire life. How else would someone know what that gyrating feeling of loosing touch with your bike. When body and bike become merely body and wheels.

The Rubarb Fest Rules! I was in Lanesboro to see the "Prairie Home Companion" held at the local softball field. Garrison Keillor took his time as they could not find a satellite to beam up this live show. Never seen so many wet-ends in my life. The rain came down through most of the show. Best outing with my pancho ever! Intermission came when the heavy rain started. The ticket says *Rain or Shine*. It was like some sort of omen. Maybe if it just said *shine only* we might have had it dry. Oh well. It was fun all the same. Much of Mr. Keillors monologs mimicked a sour sort of homily. Garrison went into a monolog on Graduations. The rain continued. The band played, "You are my Sunshine." We danced and sang.

No comments: