Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fight it on your Bike!

cd, paper,popsicle sticks. Artist unknown?The real reason I ride is for my heart. Then my mind. Then maybe the environment. It never really is in that order. But it is never just one reason why I ride my bike.

Been guilty this last week of having too many things to do, in too little time, where I felt I needed to get in my car. Case point: I drove to the bike shop to pick up a new bike tube and V-brakes. Sure I could have walked. Or taken my BMX bike on down the road. But I was doing it for my bike so it's just OK!

I came home after other numerous errands, fixed the bike and got on with riding!

Some great excuses for firing up the dinosaur breather (--and solutions):

"It's been hot and sticky. I have to towel off after the ride." --So bring a small towel.
"Cars scare me." -- Find a bike trail
"Been Raining and Raining all day" -- Wear a trash bag or get rain gear and fenders for you bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice art!! --yur sweatiness