Friday, October 13, 2006

MYTH

___video control center

Calling all Suburban hipsters!! Out in Maplewood ( Suburb north of St. Paul) is a super sleek club that is 18 + up. Called "MYTH." You can see in from the 694 - White Bear lake Exit. They open real late and card you even if you are bald. I gave the man my ID. I watched him handle the sheep ahead of me in line. With a marker in his hand he gave me back my id and then proceeded to write a large black letter "C" on my right hand. I could smell it. Thinking in that little robot voice in my head, "t h a t i s n e v e r c o m i n g o f f ." I really wanted the Star of David. His evil twin followed close behind putting wrist bands on those with the letter C. I asked him what the permanent blackmarker letter "C" on my hand was for. "So you can Drink?" He replied. My response, "Oh. I See. You can drink. How did YOU know?" Inside the club are sleek lines, open spaces, and everything is very dimly lit with a massive dance floor. Two aluminum boxes held 2 dancers and the dj table lay between them. Needless to say we danced till the wee hours and had a blast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh, they are hardcore out there, they open late, put letters on your hands & and card old hippies like you - Saeed

Anonymous said...

yeh, they are hardcore out there, they open late, put letters on your hands & and card old hippies like you. - Saeed