Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Steve Poltz @ the NOMAD

_no more chasing waterFALLS


Nother great show from Steve Poltz at the Nomad in Minneapolis. I enjoyed his new song "Street Fighter Face." It should be on his new album out in a few months. If all goes well maybe he will tour again. First stop -- Abu Ghraib.

I guess his last tour he did not sing any Rug Burn songs but last night he did. The Childs Story played from his iPod was a hit. I was actually frightened by his gestures. The story was about a boy with a hook as a hand and how he learns to use scissors with it and then saves all these kids stuck in a dungeon by this creepy dude who sewed all the kids to the wall. Something like that anyways. OOoh. The sound he made for the sewing machine. Eerie.

And the song he wrote with Jewel --You Were Meant for Me -- that he extended and told the David Cassidy --- Las Vegas -- Write me a Hit Poltz !! Story. I laughed. The place was in tears. My friend turns to me, " I don't think he is ever bored." I agreed. Thanks Steve. You always keep it real!




1 comment:

loud said...

You Were Meant for Me - that's one of the three songs I can play on the guitar!