Friday, December 01, 2006

Stencils are Islands

__Ferry: La Pointe - Bayfield, Wisconson


Connected Islands

Madeleine Island is connected by a Ferry. In the winter it is often connected by ice. Cars are allowed to cross the miles that seperate it from the mainland. I have seen photos of this. I would be a bit scared crossing in my car. I would like to see it frozen over. I guess this last year it did not freeze entirely

USE HAND RAIL

A good stencil design will hold each letter to the page without the need to drop in parts.

A great example is cutting the letter "O" for a stencil where the inside oval must stay connected to the page. No one likes hunting for the floating piece to hand place upon painting. A good stencil connects the center circle of the "O" to the page which makes it appear, from a distance, like it floats alone at the center.


A good island understands that it could be the loneliest place on earth and be OK ; I know many islanders that might prefer that. Only islands can have certain things others cannot; like lemurs and Do0do0 birds. Like that stencil with the floating parts that you have to hand place the inside to paint. They often get lost.

A few islands where I would like to get lost:
1. Galapagos
2. Azores
3. Hawaii
4. Fiji
5. Iceland

No comments: