Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ride that way tooo!


We were biking with and without a helmet. I forgot my helmet but I wasn't too worried about others poor judgement; the cold and rainy weather took them home. I did think about why I wear helmets in the City.

Might you believe motorist's look out for people riding without helmets. Here is the reasoning. Riders who have helmets may feel like they have some safety net so they may ride recklessly more often. Drivers may have a tendency to give riders without helmets a special right away. More crazy riders wearing helmets. Cars not giving preference. You can make a connection.

Riding with a helmet is safe and sane in the city. It is downright riding with poor judgment to be riding without a helmet. Just in case. Wears your helmet not "Where's your helmet?"

*****cool read UTNE May/June Issue on Biking safe in the City ***********

"And once you look like you know what your're doing, ride that way too. "
- Julie Hanus

No comments: