Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bike on Rack!

Bikes on the my roof rack. Took this while driving. Guess it was safer than sticking my head out the window to look. The idea of driving somewhere to bike is a bit crazy at times. If weekends were 5 days and the work week was 2 then then I might throw the bike on the car less. Not suggesting that I never drive. I wish I always biked but I like to see things far away and then ride my bike. It takes a hours in a car to get to Lake Superior in a car which is maybe 3 days on a bike. I like the idea of bringing a bike and then using it to cruise around and check out a town.

Bikes get people into the rhythm of people. It's easy to stop and talk to a local. Even easier to get sidetracked or take a single track trail off a road into a thick forest and get lost. Take your bike with you! Remember that your roof bike rack makes your car at least 3 ft taller and beware of the Drive-thru's. (A story for another blog)

No comments: