Monday, June 11, 2007

No hands!


How do you feel about riding without hands? I like that I can do it. It comes down to knowing your bike. It helps if you are clipped into your bike but this is not necessary. My sister was dared by my brother to coast the hill by our home without hands. That was when seats were a banana and handle bars were right there in your face. This was before I knew how to ride a bike. I just remember my Dad pulling up and seeing my sister laid out on the pissed pavement. Not the prettiest moment. She wasn't wearing a helmet. The only helmets then were big and bulky or leather with straps and pads.

It just feels liberating at times not having to turn or hold on. More in the summer than the winter. Nice dry days. I prefer the pavement over gravel. I typically hold on going down hills. I guess it's easy to understand why.

No comments: