Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reflection of a path without Ice



This is a continuation of the last post. Please tell me it's boring.

I was riding today on the pavement. Right on the pavement -or- maybe I should say on the area of the pavement that was not covered in snow. The area where the cars ride frequently. Bikes are slower than cars.

I was upset and tried not to freak out more than I needed to because some driver felt it was his duty to ride on his horn behind me because I was in the road where his fast car needed to go by really fast.

Yes. There are designated bike lanes in the summer, spring and fall for bicycles. But in the winter things are different. Bikers are pushed onto the road. The bike lanes are often covered or full. The roads are pinched narrow by fresh snow banks; where parked cars jutt out into the road and bikers ride slower than cars. Sometimes cars need to slow down (take a breath) and relax.

Hey Car People. Please look out for the few crazy winter bike riders and learn to share the road.

No comments: