Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Street Decisions: Unchanging Red Light. Thank you Gov. Tim Pawlenty!

Random iPhone foto from Ali in NYC

We should have run that light. It was red for way too long. I stopped. I looked both ways -- twice! Proceeded cautiously through the light and kept on my merry way. Pedaling. Blue and red lights behind me. Ugh.

"Officer, I sware I looked both ways before I ran that light back there. I Sware!"

Officer- "Yes, I saw you. Here's a ticket. Tell it to the judge."

I understand that bikes may clog the right hand turn lane for cars behind me and I actually make a point to get out of the way. If I look both ways and see no cars coming --either way-- I look again for extra caution and usually run the RED,YELLOW or Green. The car behind me moved. I moved cautiously on my way.

Last thought:

In spring-time we have dry streets but gravel -or- even sand is just as nasty as black ice.

http://www.bikemn.org/news_detail.cfm?id=27A82C0C-57D6-471D-BA55-92150EFCDBB9

No comments: